Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dalkeith Thistle FC app


Dalkeith Thistle FC - Match centre

Dalkeith Thistle FC
Dundonald Bluebell
Sat 16 Feb 14:30 - League Full time



Sixth top Dalkeith Thistle and 2nd top Dundonald Bluebell produced a stunning six goal thriller last Saturday at Kings Park which saw the Bluebell open the scoring at 1-0 only for Dalkeith to equalise within barely a minute with the contest all level a

And it was the Jags who seized the initiative in that second half going 2-1 ahead after having been down 1-0 but later it was 2-2 in 73 minutes as persistent Bluebell drew level but again only for Thistle to respond again to go 3-2 up looking like the winner for the hosts but Bluebell had the last word with a late equaliser to force a share of the points.
This saw Thistle's 4th league draw in their 18th league game leaving them with 6 more to play hosting Lothian Thistle next.
Dalkeith had seen two reds when these two previously met in Fife when Bluebell won 1-0 and within two minutes of the start in this rematch it was a yellow card for Bluebell's Drummond for a foul on Paul Tansey.
The resultant Neil Janczyk free kick was blocked away as the game swung from end to end with both keepers busy in a competitive contest.
Double saves by James McQueen first low down to deny a shot from McKenzie then another save off Campbell kept the scoresheet blank in the opening quarter.
That all changed however in the 29th minute when Ryan McQueenie conceded a safety corner from which the flag kick was not cleared and Callum Smith was to shoot home with the opening goal for the Fifers.
But that lead lasted less than a minute as straightaway a Weatherburn foul on Stephen Scott saw a penalty kick awarded and Ryan McQueenie made no mistake from the resultant spot kick to make it 1-1 .
Then followed chances at both ends with a Cameron Dawson setting up for Paul Tansey only to see his parting shot go well over and at the other end pivot Weatherburn headed a long throw in from Walton off the target.
Referee Alex Shepherd lectured the visiting technical area for verbal abuse as the half finished with a raging shot from Walton just missing the Dalkeith target.
With the match tied at 1-1 at half time Dalkeith's battling performance saw them go 2-1 up just 10 minutes into the second half.
Not before an away Bluebell official was dismissed from the technical area for continuing verbal abuse and a similar offence seeing Weatherburn booked.
But the Thistle's second goal was a beauty set up by pacy Stephen Scott and the perfect finish off by Cameron Dawson to see Thistle go ahead for the first time in the game the Jags 56th goal of the season.Approaching the hour mar Bluebell's Campbell shot just wide of the far post as Thistle held their lead going into the last quarter of the game seeing a cracking shot from Dawson brilliantly saved by Bell keeper Roberts.
It was in 75 minutes that Dundonald drew level at 2-2 when a testing cross from Drummond into the home penalty area was not cleared up and Callum Smith pounced on the loose ball to shoot home as the Bell drew level.
But yet again a quick reply from the Jags put them 3-2 up as Paul Tansey set up a finish for Cameron Dawson to head Thistle back in front at 3-2 looking like a winner.
But with 3 minutes left for play it was 3-3 following a foul and booking for Ross Connell and from the resultant free kick first blocked but the rebound came to Drummond who slammed home the Fifers equaliser to rob the Thistle of all three deserved points !
Dalkeith Thistle
McQueen, Murray, McQueenie, McGlashen, Connell, Fairnie,
Janczyk, Smith , Scott, Tansey , Dawson.
Subs..Wales, Muir, Wojtowicz, Mitchell, Grandison.

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors

Club sponsors