Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dalkeith Thistle FC app


Dalkeith Thistle FC - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Lanark United
Dalkeith Thistle FC
Sat 28 Oct 14:30 - Cup Full time

Dalkeith crash out of the Scottish Cup

A disappointing result saw the Jags lose out narrowly to Lanark.

The Jags travelled to Lanark with just 11 players for this Scottish Cup tie due a number of players missing through work, holidays and injury.

Dalkeith started brightly and Wales took possession and had an early strike at goal from around 25 yards, but he pulled his effort wide.

Then in 7 minutes, McMillan chipped the ball up to the back post, but under pressure, Laing couldn’t get his header on target. A good move by Lanark in 8 minutes saw them work the ball down the left and the cutback was dummied in the box, but a Whitson whacked it clear.
A long throw into the Dalkeith box in 10 minutes wasn’t cleared properly and Kearney showed great feet to move into the box past two defenders, but he shot straight at McQueen.
In 12 minutes, Robertson played the ball up the left for Dalkeith to Bain who put the ball across goal, but nobody could get a touch in the middle.
A poor pass by Dalkeith’s Whitson in 20 minutes was picked up by Gallagher and Kearney was free in the middle. He decided to go for goal himself and McQueen was able to gather at the second attempt.
Bain received the ball to his feet on the edge of the Lanark box in 25 minutes and turned away from a defender into the box, but he dragged his shot wide.
O’Donnell worked the ball through to McKenna in the Dalkeith box in 28 minutes, but the referee gave offside as McQueen saved his shot
Straight up the other end and Bain was almost on the end of a cross into the Lanark box, but a defender managed to turn the ball behind.
Some good football by Lanark in 34 minutes got Schoneville to the bye-line and his cross was just too high for the leaping Fraser.
A fine cross to the back post by Robertson in 37 minutes was met by a looping header from Leslie, but it dropped just wide of the other Lanark post.
Lanark had a shout for a penalty in 40 minutes when Lawson’s long range shot looked to hit the arm of a defender in the box, but it was by his side and the ref waved away the appeals.
The Jags broke straight up the park and McMillan was played in on the right of the box, but his shot came back off the bar. Wales got to the rebound first, but his shot was smothered by Colquhoun.

Lanark won the break of the ball just outside the Dalkeith box in 41 minutes and Kearney took a touch to create some space before rifling a low shot into the corner of the net to give the hosts the lead.
A minute after the goal Dalkeith came forward and Laing passed to Bain on the left. His cross was sliced towards his own goal and it hit Colquhoun in the Lanark goal and spun wide.
With a minute to the break, Leslie cut in from the right for Dalkeith and made his way to the edge of the box, but his effort at goal was wide.
The last action of the half saw McKenna cross to the back post for Fraser, but his header was taken comfortable by McQueen in the Dalkeith goal.
One nil at the interval in what had been a fairly even first half.
McMillan put a decent ball into the Lanark box in 51 minutes for Bain, but the defence blocked his shot.
A nice turn and shot by Lanark’s Kearney in 52 minutes saw McQueen throw a hand out and manage to block the ball and he was able to catch it as it spun in the air.
Devlin took the ball into the Lanark half in 54 minutes and left it for Leslie who shot over the bar from about 24 yards out.
A long throw into the Dalkeith box was headed clear to the edge of the box in 57 minutes and Fraser struck a volley goalwards. It was well hit, but it was too close to McQueen.
Wales played the ball wide to Bain in 65 minutes and he burst past Lawson on the left. He cut the ball back, but the defence cleared.
In 69 minutes O’Donnell looked to shoot at the Dalkeith goal from the left side of the box, but saw the ball go across goal. Fraser got a touch to it and it came to McKenna who hammered a low shot into the opposite corner to double Lanark’s lead.
Laing put a free kick into the Lanark box in 72 minutes and Bain headed it towards goal, but it was straight at Colquhoun.
Gallagher wasn’t happy after feeling he had been caught by an elbow from Dalkeith’s McMillan. When McMillan got the ball in 74 minutes, he chased after him and had a kick at him. Again, the referee decided not to show a card.
Devlin was next to go in late on Colquhoun after he had caught the ball and this time the referee had lost patience and booked him.
In 76 minutes Devlin hit a wind assisted shot from 25 yards which flashed over the Lanark bar.
A clever ball forward by Schoneville in 79 minutes sent McKenna running towards the Dalkeith goal, but Connell made a fine challenge to halt his progress.
With 5 minutes left Dalkeith won a free kick on the corner of the box and Wales’ delivery was headed in at the back post by Whitson to give The Jags a lifeline.
In the aftermath of the goal, all hell broke loose as Dalkeith tried to get the ball back with skirmishes all over the place. When the dust settled the ref showed Colquhoun the red card and Gallagher a yellow.
He then marched into the Dalkeith half and booked Whitson. The defender must have said something and with the Dalkeith players crowding round the official, he showed Whitson a second yellow and sent him off.
With no goalkeeper on the bench for Lanark, defender Lawson went in goals.
Leslie finally got a Dalkeith shot away at the stand-in keeper in 93 minutes, but it didn’t unduly trouble Lawson.
Lanark’s O’Donnell and Stubbs both picked up bookings as the lengthy stoppage was added on.
With 96 minutes on the watch there was a bit of scramble in the Lanark box, but they got the ball away.
The Jags won a corner in the seventh minute of injury time, but a foul was awarded to Lanark as the ball came over.
The final whistle came seconds later to confirm Lanark’s victory.

Lanark United: 1 Allan Colquhoun, 2 Cameron Lawson, 3 Jack Stubbs, 4 Shaun Gallagher, 5 James Brophy, 6 Stuart Annetts, 7 Ben Fraser, 8 Peter O’Donnell, 9 Shaun McKenna (15 41), 10 Ronan Kearney, 11 Scott Schoneville. Subs: 15.
Dalkeith Thistle: 13 James McQueen, 2 Darren McGlashan, 3 John Robertson, 4 Daryl Devlin, 5 Ross Connell, 6 Dean Whitson, 7 Darren Leslie, 8 James Laing, 9 Kenny McMillan, 10 Blake Wales, 19 Jordan Bain.

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors

Club sponsors