Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dalkeith Thistle FC app


Dalkeith Thistle FC - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Forfar West End
Dalkeith Thistle FC
Sat 11 Nov 15:00 - Cup Full time

Jags triumph at Forfar

The Jags dumped Superleague opposition Forfar West End out of the East of Scotland Cup with a fine display.

The Jags turned in a terrific performance against their Super League opposition to record a fine victory and grind a halt to a run of back to back defeats.

Regular keeper James McQueen was injured in the warm up the week before so young Jack Findlay was recalled from his loan at Herriot Watt to take his place between the sticks. Darryl Devlin found a place in the line-up along with Mark Moncrieff gaining his first start since moving from Newtongrange Star.

The Jags started on the front foot and pinned their hosts back from the kick off coming close with a Paul Tansey shot/cross that only just evaded the outstretched boot of Devlin at the back post.

Moncrieff was causing problems for Forfar down the left wing and on 15 minutes his trickery won a corner which was a fraction too high for Blake Wales as the Jags piled on the pressure.

At the other end Jack Findlay was looking assured and safe pair of hands as he confidently dealt with any threats from the home side, only being beaten once when a shot from player manager – Daryll McKenzie flashed just wide of the target.

But it was the Jags who looked most likely to open the scoring and they came closest again when another Tansey corner was kept out by a combination of the home keeper and the crossbar.

The Jags were not to be denied though and on 35 minutes they took the lead with a great team goal which culminated in James Laing threading an inch perfect pass through the heart of the Forfar defence for Paul Tansey to slide ball home under the advancing keeper.

Into the second half and in was the home side’s turn to pile on the pressure as they dominated possession without threatening the Jags goal, indeed only a late offside flag prevented Tansey from doubling the lead as he rounded the Forfar keeper.

The Jags were happy to sit on their lead and break on the counter and this caused much frustration to the home side as try as they might they couldn’t get a glimpse of goal until around 10 minutes from time when a speculative effort deceived Findlay but crashed off the crossbar and was cleared to safety. Findlay was then called in action with his first real save of the match when he tipped another effort over the bar.

In the last minute of normal time Dean Whitson saw his low effort saved by the feet of the Forfar keeper and a few minutes later the referee blew for full time to secure the tie for The Jags

Dalkeith: Findlay, Murray, McQueenie, McGlashan, Hall, Connell, Wales, Laing, Tansey, Devlin, Moncrieff. Subs: Whitson, Leslie, Bain.

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors

Club sponsors